An excellent preschool program can give children long-term benefits that follow them into adulthood. That’s what one study found when researchers tracked children through high school and beyond. In this important study, data revealed that children in an excellent part-day preschool program had less need for special education, less grade retention, and significantly higher high school graduation rates than children who did not attend a good preschool.—National Research Foundation

Monday, May 16, 2011

Easter and Spring Preschool Activities

 Here are just a few of the things we did for Spring and Easter. To practice our alphabet, we matched eggs with capital and lowercase letters, and also found the letter on a matching ABC tile and added it to the inside of the egg. (centers)
 We sorted "spring things" using small erasers, tweezers, and a muffin. (centers)
 We used egg chalks to practice writing on our chalkboards.
 Spring painting- this was really fun. I showed the kids how to make grass and flowers and they did an incredible job doing just that! Some of them added raindrops, a sun, and clouds too.

 Making rain in a jar is always one of my favorite activities! The kids were fascinated by this science experiment.
 For our Easter Party, we made cereal bird nests- these are always fun to do in the springtime!
 I gave them a cute little treat, with a pencil and notebook,etc. inside.
Using a milk jug, we created these cute bunny baskets. Then we gathered eggs in a small Easter egg hunt.

 We made egg-sticker collages. I love seeing their own use of color and pattern in these.
We kept the snack/treat simple this year- just a cupcake with some jelly beans for them to decorate with!
I love these kids- we have so much fun and I love seeing them be creative and learn so many fun things!

No comments: